Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Siri Chronicles, Part I

So, does the learning computer of Siri represent something that can attain self-awareness?  I'm not holding my breath, but there's some fun answers.

Siri, what is the purpose of life?
42

Siri, where were you manufactured?
That's classified.

Siri, when were you manufactured?
I'm not allowed to answer that question.

Siri does God exist?
I'm really not equipped to answer such questions.

Siri do you speak Spanish?
I speak English, French, and German...so far

More to follow.  As opposed to the cute answers, I think the voice recognition is the most impressive aspect of the technology.  Add in the ability to translate, and we have the precursor of an on the spot, learning, instant voice translator.  Not bad...


No comments:

Post a Comment